Nidhi Company Registration Service
A Nidhi Company is a company, which is a non- banking financial sector and it comes under the Companies Act, 2013. Legal Corner is the most trusted platform for Nidhi Company Registration Service in Kolkata, India. Nidhi company is formed with a motto to lend and borrow money within its members and it is very easy to form as a company. It requires at least 200 members in a year to get its Nidhi Company status. Their mode of operation is through its members only. Nidhi Companies are regulated by the Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA). They are also known as Benefit Fund, Permanent Fund etc.
At least seven members are mandatory for Nidhi company incorporation. Out of these, three should be designated as the directors. However, it should acquire a minimum of 200 members within one year of commencement.
Moreover, the company should have a minimum equity share capital of Rs 5 lakhs, for registering as a Nidhi Company. This entire amount has to be paid up. However, the Net Owned Funds (NOF) must be increased to Rs 10 lakhs within a year of registration.
a. At least 10% of its outstanding deposits should comprise of un-encumbered term deposits.
b. The prescribed NOF to deposits ratio should be 1:20.
This includes equity share capital and free reserves and excludes accumulated losses as well as intangible assets.
At least 10% of its outstanding deposits should comprise of un-encumbered term deposits.
The prescribed NOF to deposits ratio should be 1:20. where 10% of the total deposits are in a fixed deposit account of a nationalized bank.
There are many more advantages to Registering Nidhi Company. Some are listed below:
- Liability is Limited: Liability of Directors and shareholders of the Nidhi Company is limited. In case the company suffers from any loss and faces, financial distress in the course of it’s business activity, the personal assets of any of the Directors or members are not at risk of being seized by banks, creditors, and government.
- Less Regulations: “Nidhi” companies are governed under the Nidhi Rules, 2014. The Central Government is the regulating authority, which controls it’s activities and operations. Guidelines imposed by the RBI on “Nidhis” are very few.
- Better Credibility: “Nidhi” companies enjoy better credibility as opposed to any other member-based organizations like Trusts, Cooperative Societies or NGOs.
- Better Option for Savings : The main purpose of a Nidhi Company’s incorporation is to encourage the habit of saving among the members of the Company. This is how it achieves the other goal of it’s registration of being mutually beneficial. The Nidhi Companies are to “lend and borrow money” to and from it’s shareholders/members only.
- Easy Access of Public Funds: The loans from the Nidhi Company come at a cheaper rate than loans from banks and other NBFCs, for it’s shareholders. And the process of obtaining the loan and customized services are much more convenient and quicker.
- Ease of Fund: Nidhi Company is the safest and the cheapest way of inviting deposits from the general public. You just need to take them as registered members.
- Micro Banking: Nidhis provide banking services to the remote and rural public of India which still is based in far-off locations and is, hence, devoid of accessing finance from national banks and NBFCs.
- It acts as a “Better Credit Co-operative Society”: Nidhi Company is a close substitute for credit co-operative society. And, therefore, more preferred by the small financer. Once a Nidhi company has been registered, the members can avail of all the benefit’s of a credit co-operative society.
- Simple Processing: Borrowing and lending to known persons, belonging to the same group, is much less complicated than dealing with banks, where the procedure is impersonal and fixed.
- Easy Registration Process: The process to register a “Nidhi Company” with LegalRaasta is quite simple and transparent. You don’t need to take any license from RBI. You just have to incorporate your company as a public limited one with the MCA.
- Single Regulatory Body: After the Amendment in Companies act 2013, Nidhi Companies are overseen by Nidhi Company Rules.
- Low Capital Requirement: Ministry of Corporate Affairs (MCA) commands the minimum capital requirement of Rs.5 lakhs for the incorporation of a “Nidhi”. And, within 1-year, the capital has to be raised to at least Rs.10 lakhs. The Fees, DIN, DSC & Other Expenses are approx. Rs.25-30,000. These include Government fees that differ from State to State.
- Fulfilling the needs of Lower & Middle-income groups: Nidhi Companies play an important role in meeting the needs of lower and middle-income groups by providing them financial help without complex formalities and documentation.
- Easier Eligible: People getting minimum wages and belonging to lower strata are usually unable to take loans from traditional banks because of their high eligibility criteria. For them, Nidhi Company is a good option to obtain finance because of fewer conditions.
- No External Involvement: Nidhi Companies take funds from their members and further provides loans to their members only. All transactions are done within this group only. So, no external factors are affecting the working of these companies. The investors/members themselves oversee the operations of the company.
- Separate Entity: Nidhi Company is a separate legal entity that can acquire assets and incur debts in it’s own name.
Nidhi Company Registration - Required Documents
There are many documents mandatory to accomplish the Purpose of Nidhi Company Registration. The key Documents are given below, which are as follows:-
- Copy of Directors Pan card
- Identity proof of every shareholder and the director
- Passport size photos of all the directors
- Electricity bill or other utility bills for the address proof
- Aadhaar Card of Directors as well as of Shareholders
- Address proof of the directors and shareholders
- Rent agreement copy (In case if rented)
- No-Objection-Certificate (NOC) from the Landlord
- Property papers copy