As per the Factory Act 1948 it is compulsory for every factory owner to register their premises with the local authorities before starting their business. Factory License is a document granting approval to carry out manufacturing activities. Authority Issuing Factory License in India Is Department of the Factories and Boilers issues Factory License. It is the duty of Factories and Boilers Department to keep a check on the health, safety and welfare of workers.
ACT GOVERNING FACTORY LICENSE IN INDIA: – The Factories Act, 1948 as amended by the Factories (Amendment) Act, 1987
Request Quotation / Call Back
From Startup Specialist
Applicability Of The Factories Act 1948
The Act is applicable to any factory using power & employing 10 or more workers and if not using power, employing 20 or more workers on any day of the preceding twelve months, and in any part of which a manufacturing process is being carried on with the aid of power, or is ordinarily so carried on, or whereon twenty or more workers are working, or were working on any day of the preceding twelve months, and in any part of which a manufacturing process is being carried on without the aid of power, or is ordinarily so carried on; but this does not include a mine, or a mobile unit belonging to the armed forces of the union, a railway running shed or a hotel, restaurant or eating place
Requirement for obtaining Factory license
- Form-1 (Particular of Room in The Factory)
- Copy of the factory building plan,
- Id and Address proof of the applicant
- A detailed list of all directors
- MOA, AOA, and Board resolution
- Partnership deed, if any
- Bank account details
- Expected Date of commencement of work,
- Payment receipts
- Land deeds
- Consent from all authorities
- Particulars of equipment
- Particulars of hazardous and non-hazardous wastes
- Particulars on raw materials, by product, and finishing product along with the procedure of the process in a flow chart.
- Tax receipt.