Employees' State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) is a statutory body under the ownership of Ministry of Labour and Employment, Government of India. The fund is managed by the Employees' State Insurance Corporation (ESIC) according to rules and regulations stipulated in the ESI Act 1948.
Section 46 of the ESI Act, 1948, 6 benefits to employees which are as follows:
Any Establishment having more than 10 employees (in some states it is 20 employees who have a maximum salary of Rs. 21,000/- has to mandatorily register itself with the ESIC within 15 days from the date of its applicability. Once you login to the employer portal, you can enrol employees by filling a few applicable information. If an employee has an old ESIC number, then the employer can ask for the same and continue with the same ESIC number instead of generating a new ESIC number. By continue old ESIC number, employees will enjoy service continuity by benefiting ESIC medical facilities.
Establishment Covered Under ESIC
As per the government notification, under Section 1(5) of the ESI Act the following entities are covered:
- Restaurants or hotels engaged only in sales.
- Road motor transport establishments.
- Newspaper establishments (which is not covered under the Factory Act).
- Private medical institutions.
- Private educational institutions.
Documents required for ESIC registration are as follows:
- Registration Certificate obtained either under the:
- Factories Act, or
- Shops and Establishment Act.
- Certificate of incorporation of the establishment, which are as follows:
- Certificate of Company Registration in case of a company.
- Partnership deed in case of a partnership firm.
- GST certificate of the establishment.
- Memorandum of Association and Articles of Association of the company.
- Address proof of the establishment.
- Utility bills (Electricity bill)
- gas connection bill
- telephone bill
- Rental agreement of the land on which the establishment is situated
- Property tax receipts of the land on which the establishment is situated
- A list of all the employees working in the establishment.
- PAN Card of the business establishment as well as all the employees working in the establishment.
- The compensation details of all the employees.
- A cancelled cheque of the bank account of the company.
- List of directors of the company.
- List of the shareholders of the company.
- A register containing the attendance of the employees.